Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Welcome! I have so much to share, but I didn't want to clutter the Teeny Greenies website (www.teenygreenies.org) with all my musings and news, thus this blog was born.

As things start to look really good for Teeny Greenies cloth diaper lending, I am starting to just ponder the future of Teeny Greenies, and where we'll go as we get some steam behind us. I love lending cloth diapers and I want to build that into a strong, self-sustaining organization, but I don't think i'll be happy stopping there. At the cloth diaper class I taught on Tuesday someone asked me if I knew anyone or anywhere that would lend slings. The funny thing was, I was just thinking about possibly expanding Teeny Greenies to include slings and carriers. It was a sign I think. So I decided that I needed to have a big, pie-in-the-sky goal, a direction to travel as things progress with Teeny Greenies. Here is what I came up with - I would like to someday have Teeny Greenies grow into a Holistic Family Lending Library. We would lend not only cloth diapers, but also slings, simple and natural toys, homeschooling supplies, and of course books and movies on related topics. Things that are morally, developmentally, and/or ecologically positive. I would also like this lending library to have a space for holding classes, swaps, playgroups, whatever. So, we are far far away from that goal, and that's fine, but I feel better and more purposeful with a larger goal to aim at.

No comments:

Post a Comment